The skin is the most visible and exposed portion of the body. Everyone wishes for beautiful skin, but an ugly scar can ruin even the most flawless skin. Scars can appear anywhere on the body as a result of an injury or surgery.
People are often unhappy with scars, regardless of how they develop, whether from an injury or surgery. Scar revision surgery is an excellent option for people who want to reduce the appearance of their scars.
Scar revision surgery is a cosmetic procedure. It helps scars blend in with surrounding healthy skin by reducing their appearance. Scar revision does not completely remove scars. But it can make them less apparent.
At Rejuvena Cosmo Care, Dr. Deepesh Goyal offers advanced and result-oriented scar revision surgery in Jaipur. Furthermore, Dr. Deepesh Goyal is one of the leading plastic surgeons in Jaipur. Besides, Dr. Goyal is renowned for his expertise in the field of plastic surgery in Jaipur. He also specializes in liposuction, hair and skin treatments, and reconstructive surgeries.
First, let’s understand,
What is Scar Revision Surgery, and How does it work?
Scar revision surgery can improve the appearance of a scar. It may include relocating a scar. Most individuals get scar revision surgery to enhance their looks. Scar revision surgery is also performed to restore an injured body part's function or relieve issues such as pain.
Now, let's know,
The Different Types of Scar Revision Surgeries
1. A punch graft surgery involves removing the scarred or affected skin and replacing it with a layer of normal skin from another area. This type of surgery is beneficial for thin and deep scars such as acne scars.
2. Scar excision surgery involves eliminating the scar and sealing the incision. As a result, there will be the formation of a new scar. But it will be less visible than the previous one.
3. Z or W-plasty includes incising a series of triangular flaps in a "Z" or "W" pattern over the scar. A fresh scar can be repositioned into natural skin folds, or a contracted scar can be reduced, removing fibrous tissue.
The surgeon may undertake other procedures in addition to scar repair surgery. These are some of them:
1. Autologous fat transfer or collagen injections are two alternatives for filling sunken or depressed scars.
2. Laser resurfacing or dermabrasion can assist in improving the look of scars by repairing the upper layers of the skin.
3. Tissue expansion creates additional tissue surrounding the scar, masking the area until the scar is removed.
4. Skin grafting, also known as skin flaps, removes healthy skin from one location and implants it to conceal the scar.
How much is the Cost of Scar Revision Surgery in Jaipur?
The cost of scar revision surgery in Jaipur is determined by several factors, including:
- Type of scar revision surgery performed
- Clinic's location
- Surgeon's experience
Hence, estimating the cost of scar removal surgery is impossible. However, the surgeon will provide a precise cost estimate during the appointment.
Now, let's know,
What is the Purpose of Scar Revision Surgery?
Surgeons recommend scar revision surgery if the patient wishes to reduce the scar's appearance for aesthetic reasons. In addition, the surgeon may suggest surgery to restore function to the afflicted portion or relieve symptoms such as pain, deformity, and infections.
Surgeons may recommend scar revision surgery to treat the following scars:
Contractures are long scars that pull on the skin and tighten it. They can also harm the underlying muscles, joints, and tendons, altering the function and movement of the affected body part.
Facial scars are ugly and might limit facial expressions.
Long or irregular scars resulting from injuries or previous surgery.
Keloid scars develop beyond the boundaries of the wound or incision. This type of scar is discoloured, dense, elevated, irregular, and painful.
Hypertrophic scars resemble keloid scars, although they are limited to the original margins of the injury or incision.
Now, let's know,
What are the Preoperative Preparations for Scar Revision Surgery?
The precautions taken before surgery will make the patient more at ease and result in a better outcome.
To prepare for scar revision surgery, the patient should do the following:
Clarifying all questions about the condition, allergies, and medications will assist the patient in planning for scar revision surgery.
- Doing preoperative tests prescribed by the doctor.
- The patient's age, fitness level, and procedure will determine the sort of testing required.
- Before surgery, blood tests, chest X-rays, EKGs, and other tests can be conducted.
- To maintain a healthy weight before surgery, the patient should eat a well-balanced diet and exercise regularly.
- Before surgery, the patient should avoid eating or drinking.
- Quit smoking.
- Follow the doctor's instructions for taking or stopping any medications.
Now, let’s discuss,
The Actual Process of Scar Revision Surgery
- The surgical procedure utilized to improve the appearance of the scar will be determined by the type of scar and the needs of the patient.
- The initial step involves administering local or general anaesthesia. Then, depending on the degree, location, shape, and size of the scarring, the surgeon will perform a primary scar revision, skin grafting, fat grafting, or Z-plasty.
- Next, to remove the scar, the plastic surgeon will create a new incision. Then, finally, the surgeon will close the incision.
What are the Side Effects of Scar Revision Surgery?
Scar revision surgery, like any other procedure, has risks and side effects. Furthermore, risks and complications may occur during surgery or recovery.
The following are some of the most common surgical side effects:
- Reaction to anesthesia
- Persisting pain
- Deep vein thrombosis
Following are some of the other possible complications associated with scar revision surgery:
- Change in skin color
- Loss of sensation
- Injury to blood vessels, muscles, and nerves
- Delayed healing or opening of the incision
If you consider scar revision surgery in Jaipur, book an appointment at Rejuvena Cosmo Care to know more about scar removal procedures, its cost and other related information.